As most of you probably know I’m a HUGE fan of apple cider vinegar (ACV) and for good reason. Among other things, it’s been known to help balance pH levels, lower blood sugar levels and even help with weight loss!
Here are my Top 3 Benefits of ACV:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar May Lower Blood Sugar Levels, Which is Very Useful For Diabetics
Carol Johnston, PhD, directs Arizona State University’s nutrition
“Apple cider vinegar’s anti-glycemic effect is very well documented,” Johnston says.
She explains that the vinegar blocks some of the digestion of starch. “It doesn’t block the starch 100%, but it definitely prevents at least some of that starch from being digested and raising your blood sugar."
3. Acetic Acid is a Potent Antimicrobial and Can Kill Some Types of Bacteria
- Be sure to buy raw unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar (like Bragg’s). This variety has the “mother,” strands of proteins, enzymes and friendly bacteria that give the product a murky appearance similar to kombucha.
- Don’t take shots of plain apple cider vinegar! Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic and can damage your tooth enamel or the tissues of your mouth and throat. Always dilute it with water, food, or in a tasty drink like the one below.
Start your morning with a yummy apple cider vinegar detox water that tastes like apple pie. 🙂
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg's)
- 2 Tablespoons no sugar added organic apple juice
- 6 ounces of cold water
- 2 - 4 drops of liquid vanilla stevia (optional)
- generous sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1-2 cubes of ice
- Combine all ingredients in a cup and stir or shake to combine. Taste and add more stevia if necessary. Serve chilled or over ice.