I know my tip below has simplified my eating habits tremendously when eating out over the last few years and has freed me from obsessing over calories, fat, and carbs - with the added bonus of better skin and improved energy. What could be better??
When it comes to good meal composition - just remember the 4 P's.
That is to eat Protein and Produce at each meal and avoid Processed or Packaged food as much as possible.
- juice of 1 a lime
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper
- Place all ingredients for the marinade in a shallow dish, add meat and toss to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 30+ minutes. Even better if you can marinade longer. 🙂
- Using metal skewers, place a couple pieces of peppers, onion, then thread the meat onto the skewer and repeat until.. Makes about 6 skewers
- Heat up a grill pan or a grill to medium heat, grease and place kabobs on top. Sprinkle with a bit of salt then use a brush to brush a more marinade on top of each kabob. Cook both sides about 4-5 minutes until browned.