A healthy hack for Pumpkin Pie! Grain free, refined sugar free and dairy free! If you can tolerate dairy you can use heavy cream instead of the coconut cream for the whipped cream. Enjoy!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree, 15 ounce, or 1½roasted pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup organic pure honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon celtic sea salt
1 Pie Crust:
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 large egg
Optional Coconut Whip Cream (makes 1 cup):
- 1 can organic full fat coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon or freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
For the pie crust:
- Place flour and salt in food processor and pulse briefly
- Add coconut oil and egg and pulse until mixture forms a ball
- Press dough into a 9 1/2-inch glass pie dish
For the filling:
- In a food processor combine pumpkin puree, and eggs
- Pulse in coconut milk, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt
- Pour filling into Pie Crust
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes
- Allow to cool then refrigerate for 2 hours to set up
Optional Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Refrigerate can of coconut milk for at least 2 hours (best if refrigerated overnight).
- Open the can and scoop out thickened coconut cream on top into a medium bowl.
- Save the coconut water for a smoothie.:-)
- Add cinnamon and vanilla if desired, and whip coconut cream in a blender or wire whisk until it begins to thicken.