I don't know if this happens to you, but every year at this time I start to get a bit obsessed with anything pumpkin. Pumpkin coffee, pumpkin bread, and this delightfully savory, naturally sweet, and ridiculously delicious Pumpkin Pecan Pancake recipe. I love them! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! 🙂
Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes (Gluten Free)
by Erin Nielsen
Servings: 7 small pancakes
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
3 tbsp coconut milk
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted, plus additional for pan
1.5 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 C pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients – the coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda.
- Then in a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients – the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, honey, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir together until just combined.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- Coat pan with coconut oil.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes until the bottom is cooked through, and then flip.
- Cook for another 2-4 minutes until lightly browned.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm and with pecans and pure maple syrup drizzle or honey - but go light with the drizzle. 🙂
XO - Erin