With a busy and time-crunched life, it’s no secret freezer cooking is a great way to have healthy meals on hand. This recipe for Paleo Coconut Pecan Breakfast Bars is one of my new favorites!
For starters, these Paleo Coconut Pecan Breakfast bars are super quick and easy to whip up whether you want to serve them right away or freeze them for those extra crazy mornings where you need to just grab something and go. They’re also gluten, grain and dairy free which makes it great for people with sensitivities.
What I love most about them though is how delicious they are! They double as a great afternoon snack.
- Coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup pure raw honey
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use the coconut oil to grease an 8x8 pan.
- Crack your eggs into a medium sized bowl and quickly whisk them up.
- Mash your banana and add to the bowl with the eggs along with the honey and vanilla.
- Measure and add your coconut flour, making sure to combine everything well - no lumps.
- Measure and add the cinnamon, unsweetened shredded coconut, and coconut milk and mix to ensure the batter is well combined.
- Smooth the batter into your pan. Sprinkle the dark chocolate chips and chopped pecans over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until edges are golden brown and the center is firm.
- To Freeze. Simply wait for them to cool, cut them to 16 squares and store them in a freezer container or freezer bag.
- You can defrost them by leaving them in the fridge the night before and they'll be defrosted by breakfast the next morning.