I have had so many requests for a carrot cake recipe so I wanted to be sure to share this with you.
This recipe is so good!
I love making my own desserts rather than buying boxed, processed desserts, so I can make treats with wholesome natural ingredients.
Here is the recipe. Enjoy!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free)
- 3 cups shredded carrots (about 4 large carrots)
- 7 pitted dried dates, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour (I use THIS)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Dairy-Free Vanilla Frosting:
- 1 cup refined (unflavored) coconut oil
- ⅓ cup organic pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- optional: ⅓ cup arrowroot or tapioca starch-- this helps to stiffen and stabilize the icing, but is not necessary
Optional Topping ideas: extra sprinkle of cinnamon, chopped pecans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shred the carrots and then chop the dates (or use a food processor to shred and chop). Set aside the shredded carrots for later.
- In a mixing bowl, add in your chopped dates, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla. Beat mixture well. Add coconut flour, cinnamon, cloves, salt and baking powder and stir until combined.
- Fold in the shredded carrots.
- Fill cupcake batter to the top of each cupcake lined (or well oiled) muffin pan and bake for 25-28 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool then frost with icing (recipe below).
- Your coconut oil must be solid to make the icing. If it is liquid, place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until completely solid.
- With a stand or hand mixer, whip your coconut oil until it's light and fluffy.
- Add in your tapioca or arrowroot if using. Continue to whip (at first on low speed so it doesn't make a mess) until it's all incorporated into the coconut oil and is smooth.
- Slowly mix in your maple syrup, vanilla & sea salt. Continue whipping for 1 minute. Use frosting right away.
P.S. - Learn the 7 WORST healthy snacks by downloading our brand new free report in a just few seconds here: ==> 7 "Healthy" Snacks That Cause Belly Fat (Be sure to AVOID these!)