Can eating make your mood and body feel better?
Studies have shown that what you eat can have a direct correlation to how you feel, so here are five foods to eat first when you need a mood and energy boost!
1. GRASS FED BEEF
This type of beef is a superfood of omega-3 fatty acids, and has been shown to boost mood and even feelings of self-worth.
Eggs are a great source of vitamin D. Vitamin D has been proven to increase positive mood and prevent depressive symptoms.
3. DARK CHOCOLATE
I love it! The cocao in dark chocolate boosts brain serotonin levels, producing those feelings of calm and blissfulness. Just be sure you buy 70% or higher cacao content to assure low sugar.
4. FATTY FISH
Fatty fish, especially herring, salmon, and sardines, contain omega-3 fatty acids, which is a powerful mood stabilizer.
5. GREEN TEA
Green tea contains theanine, an amino acid that can stimulate sensations of calmness and focus.
Here is a great recipe that includes Grass Fed Beef - enjoy the yumminess and the mood boost! 😉
White Grass Fed Beef Chili
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup of water
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 2 cups cooked grass fed Ground beef
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 and ½ tsp ancho chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Optional Garnish:
- Chopped tomatoes
- In a large stockpot add 1 cup of water and turn heat to high.
- Roughly chop the cauliflower and place it in the large stockpot of water. Once the water starts to boil, turn the heat down to medium.
- Cover and cook 10-12 minutes until the cauliflower is soft. Check occasionally to see if you need to add more water so it won’t burn.
- While that is cooking add olive oil to a skillet and turn the heat to medium.
- Chop the onion and add it to the olive oil. Cook 3-5 minutes.
- Chop and remove the seeds from the poblano pepper and dice. Add it to the onions and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- If necessary drain any water from the cauliflower. Add the broth and blend using an immersion blender or blender. Blend very well until very smooth.
- Add the cooked beef, peppers, onions, and spices.
- Cook an additional 5- 10 minutes to heat thoroughly.